Wednesday 17 February 2016

Winter arrives in February

It looks like a winter wonderland with all the fresh snow outside my warm and cosy retreat. The birds are really enjoying the feeders now and keep me entertained as I sip my morning coffee. It will be harder for me to get about outside with my trusty walker but I have lots of help from my friends to keep me upright. 

 The annual Family day celebrations progressed regardless but very quietly with discussions of how to properly make a pot of tea! I entertain myself with baking cookies to have with the tea. The wild parties are on hold until the spring!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you up and about, Kerrin. I thought of you recently as we met a woman from Boston who had had two knee replacements. She and her husband were easily in their 70s, and on the same birding jaunt as we were in the Milpe cloud forest. She used Nordic poles and got along just fine. They were en route to a 16 passenger vessel in the Galapagos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds inspiring! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Give me a call anytime

    ReplyDelete