Saturday 25 February 2017

Time to Embrace the Future

A whole world of possibilities is in front of me but I have a sense of confusion about what to choose. The luxury of unscheduled time has cut me loose from my moorings. My significant other said I am like a hot air balloon bobbing around in the wide blue sky without a tether. That is simultaneously exciting and terrifying.


Time for some focus so I am returning to this blog to chronicle my journey. One of my interests is to learn more about the art and practice of writing. Maybe actually do it rather than just think about it! Every source I have come across indicates that a writer needs to write every day. As in many other things in life...practice, practice, practice. I attended a writers group at the local library the other evening and we agreed to work on a piece that focusses on a sense of belonging. I am toying with some ideas and am not sure whether to use an essay or short story format. Maybe I will try both. Tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to following your journey. I think you have much to write and it will be interesting to see where it takes you.

    ReplyDelete